I’ve been keeping things above board since day one of this blog, but to make 100% sure that you can always tell when things that I feature on the blog are things I’ve bought myself vs. press samples and sponsored posts, here are the steps I take to ensure everything remains clear:
- All views expressed on the blog, both positive and negative, are my own and I will never accept payment for a positive review if it goes against my true opinion.
- The vast majority of the clothes and make up that I write about and review are things I have researched, chosen, and bought myself. I am sent press samples sometimes. When I feature press samples, I will mark them with a * and fully disclose in the text of the review itself. N.B. Until 01/01/2019, the term ‘gifted’ instead of ‘press sample’ was used.
- If a post is sponsored (which means I have worked directly with a brand on a project, review post, or received payment to ensure that a press sample is featured on the blog), it will be disclosed very clearly in the post. I will also end the post with:“This post is sponsored by *company name*” or “this post is a collaboration.” I try to keep all sponsored content useful, or entertaining, or ideally both.
- Affiliate links are in use on ikiwn.com and I currently use ShopStyle Collective. This means that when you click to view an item I’ve shared using an affiliate link I might make anywhere between 1p and 4p. This money comes from the company and not from you or any purchase you make; it is also the main form of income that this blog generates and I put it straight back into the running costs (including domain name, hosting, and tech support).
- All images and content are copyright of ikiwn.com unless otherwise stated, please do not use without prior consent (I check periodically with reverse image searches so please… don’t be that guy). In the unlikely event that you find an image of yours on ikiwn.com that I have not credited correctly or you’d simply like removed, please just pop me over an email on the address below and I’ll sort it right away.
For me transparency is the most important thing, so if you have any questions about any of the above, or want me to clarify anything then please contact me on